Our response to the coronavirus pandemic is informed by the guidance of official bodies including the State of Colorado and the CDC. We are still all safer at home, so we are encouraging telehealth visits for most individuals. In-office appointments are made on a case by case basis with consideration for symptom acuity, the urgency of the need for neuropsychological services, and patient health risk for COVID-19. At the office we strictly adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Staff wear masks and gloves. Staff maintain strict adherence to safety protocols for hand washing, wearing masks and gloves, taking off masks and gloves, and monitoring for any symptoms of COVID.
- We ask that all patients keep a mask on throughout the evaluation.
- We have implemented testing protocols that will minimize the number of times that we have to come within 6 feet of patients or exchange materials with patients.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the testing rooms and at the reception counter.
- We do not allow people to congregate in the waiting room.
- We ask all patients to wait in their cars until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use. Patients are given their own pencils that are not reused.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected after every patient.